As we look back on our life experiences and belief systems, we start to wonder who else will look back on us and our history. Marelisa Fabrega from Daringtolivefully.com says, “What does it mean to leave a legacy? It means putting a stamp on the future, and making a contribution to future generations. People want to leave a legacy because they want to feel that their life mattered”. There are many ways we can leave a legacy for our families and loved ones to cherish our existence.
- Going through belongings and distributing photos, video tapes, prized possessions and more to family members. Photos/videos of yourself and of you with others such as family or friends can provide a visual remembrance to cherish.
- Writing a biography, philosophy or other form of literature, like letters, that you can gift to your children and grandchildren.
- If you enjoy being creative, you can pass on artwork, handmade items such as quilts, or wooden crafts.
- Visiting with your grandkids and talking about life lessons while teaching them new things about yourself.
- Write down family traditions and recipes.
- Pass down an heirloom.
- Record video messages for your children and grandchildren.
At Bel Aire Senior Living we have a unique way to preserve special memories that include multi-generational activities to bring your family together so they can form special memories with you. We have found that families of our residents enjoy gathering for a memory that can be made together. We have activities, host parties for holidays and celebrate birthday parties. Once you learn what you want your legacy to be, you can start building it.
For more information about our activities and our community, please call or email us at your convenience.